Jake Lilly Campaing Platform
Safer communities benefit us all
- Keep dangerous criminals in prison: reform prison sentences for non-violent offenders by offering alternative programs
- Keep all sides safe: body cameras for all police, greater use of technology and proactive policing instead of reactive policing
- Smart fiscal reform: end private prisons
- Intelligent control: implement a civil oversight, hire military veterans
Less government means more freedom
- End Over-Criminalization:
- Treat mental health and stop criminalizing the mentally ill
- Divert veterans out of the criminal justice system
- Further bail reform
- Use Drug Courts, Juvenile Intervention Programs
- Stop use of courts as a debtors prison
End DA Overspending
- Return 20% of District Attorney’s salary to the people.
- Reduce government waste and red-tape.
- Decrease the D.A.’s budget to match other counties
The DA’s salary has increased by over $60,000 in the last 7 years. The DA’s budget has increased from 19 million to 22 million in 4 years. The D.A.’s budget is now the HIGHEST per capita income.
63.5% of all prisoners in the Department of Corrections are in for NONVIOLENT crimes. 85% of women are in for NONVIOLENT crimes. The U.S. has 5% of the world’s population and 25% of the world’s prisoners.